(419) 353-4200

Groth & Associates is committed to representing clients concerning their personal injury, auto accident, and slip and fall claims in Ohio. We will represent you through the entire process from submitting the claim to the insurance company and helping you to obtain full value for your automobile, to settling your claim and, if necessary, filing a lawsuit on your behalf. We do everything help you get the best settlement possible, or trial if needed, so that your injuries may be fully compensated. As with all of our practice areas, an attorney will guide you through the personal injury settlement process and the potential lawsuit. A list of frequently asked questions is below. If you still have questions, please contact Groth & Associates in order to schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys.

If I am injured in an automobile accident, what do I do?

Make sure you stop at the scene of the car accident and notify the police department immediately about the accident. If possible, get all of the information about the other parties involved in the accident, including their name, address, telephone number and insurance information. Make sure you receive treatment for your injuries with a medical provider as soon as possible.

At the time of the accident, get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. If you have a camera, take pictures of your automobile, the other automobile and the scene of the accident. If you have any bruises or physical conditions that are noticeable, make sure to take pictures of your condition as soon as possible. Do not give any statement to the insurance adjuster until you have had the opportunity to speak with an attorney.

How do I determine how much money I am entitled to as a result of the accident?

In order to determine the value of the case, the attorneys must look at a combination of factors, including lost wages, pain and suffering, permanency of the injury, any scarring or disfigurement, loss of consortium, periods of disability, etc. Determining the value of a case is an art rather than a science. The amount of the medical bills incurred will be one important factor in determining the value of the case.

What if I am injured and the other party is at fault but has no insurance?

You have the legal right to file a claim against the person or corporation whose negligence caused your injury. However, in many cases the negligent party does not have the assets or funds to be able to pay your damages. So long as you have uninsured or under-insured motorist protection, you may be able to file a claim against your own insurance company for uninsured or under-insured claims.